Quick Recipes and Easy

You Think You’re Buying Blue Mountain Jamaican Coffee – But Are You Sure?

There is a huge demand for Blue Mountain Jamaican Coffee, and a limited supply.

To make matters worse, over 90% of the crop each year goes to Japan and Europe, leaving the last 10% for the whole of North America.

As a result, genuine, 100% Blue Mountain Jamaican coffee is sometimes not available, at any price.

At the same time, North Americans are clamoring for the beans, because Blue Mountain coffee has been so successfully marketed. That’s not to say that it isn’t a excellent coffee. It is. But does it live up to the marketing hype, when compared other fantastic coffee from around the world? That is a matter of opinion and personal taste.

Because of the high demand for Blue Mountain coffee, and because it commands prices in the region of $40 a pound, there are plenty of unscrupulous sellers who will be pleased to sell what appears to be the real thing, but is not.

In fact, it’s probably right to say that of all the coffees you can buy, Blue Mountain is the one that is subject to the sneakiest and most suspect labeling.

Quite often the mark and description will give you the impression you are buying 100% Blue Mountain, while that’s not what’s in the bag at all.

Sometimes the bag will contain a mix, or blend of regional coffees, with only a small proportion of the real thing. At other times the beans will be mixed in with coffee from other countries altogether.

There is no doubt that Blue Mountain Jamaican is a wonderful coffee. But if you want to be absolutely sure you are buying the real thing, read the mark carefully. Make sure it is 100% Blue Mountain Jamaican.

Also, look for a certification logo from the Jamaican Coffee Industry Board.

Nicholas H. Usborne is one of the sleuths at CoffeeDetective.com CoffeeDetective.com He and his colleagues take a commonsense approach to making fantastic coffee, and give you the straight facts on coffee and coffee makers – without the marketing hype. They also write the fairtradecoffeenews.blogspot.com/ Honest Trade Coffee News Blog



About the Author

has written 10297 stories on this site.

Write a Comment

Gravatars are small images that can show your personality. You can get your gravatar for free today!

Copyright © 2017 Quick Recipes and Easy, Gourmet Food Recipes, Gourmet Food Blog. All rights reserved. Crawler and visitors tracking tool for webmaster-SEO script - Outil de suivi des visiteurs et des robots pour webmaster Google bot last visit powered by PrMania.Net
Powered by WordPress.org, Custom Theme and Free web submit and Health Clubs Fitness
Doctor consultation canada pharmacy %{^& buy viagra professional contact us or toll free.